TBA award(s) valued at $1000 each
The applicant must:
- Eligible Grade 12 students must be graduating from a school located in the South Cowichan Valley.
- The Bursary is to be used for educational purposes only. The recipient must be accepted and registeredÂ in a minimum two year program at a university, college, or vocational school located in British Columbia. If the program is unavailable in B.C, then registration in a program in another province may be considered.
- Evidence of registration in a qualifying educational program in accordance with the above must be presented to the South Cowichan Chamber of Commerce in order to receive the proceeds of the bursary.
- The selection of the bursary recipient must be selected upon the following criteria:
- Firstly, in accordance with financial need
- Secondly, on scholastic performance
- Thirdly, on community involvement/service within the Cowichan Valley
- The school will choose a recipient based on the above criteria in the sequence shown and inform the Chamber office of their selection, together with support material.
Note:Â Proof of registration must be presented to the Manager, South Cowichan Chamber of Commerce to claim the bursary.
Special application form is not required.