The organization of Frances Kelsey Secondary School is based in a set of principles and beliefs.
The principles form the foundation of the BC Education system:
- learning requires the active participation of the student,
- people learn in a variety of ways and at different rates,
- learning is both an individual and a group process.
The beliefs are common to many schools. As a school we believe that all students:
- are capable of learning,
- can learn to take responsibility for their learning, set and reach goals and manage time,
- can acquire skills and knowledge that will equip them to face the world beyond grade 12,
- can become life-long learners,
- are deserving of respect and can show respect for others irrespective of individual and cultural differences.
We also believe that open communication between home and school is essential.
The most unique feature of our school is the curriculum delivery model as we allow for students to have input in their schedule. Assistance with organization, extra help and support are available.
We are proud of the variety of courses and programs we offer, but more importantly we are proud of the success of the students.
As you explore the website, we hope that you will catch our enthusiasm.