Welcome to the 2022-23 School Year at FKSS! Tuesday, Sept 6th, is for Grade 8 and 9 students ONLY from 9am-3:15 pm. Please note that new students in Grades 10 - 12 will start Wednesday, Sept. 7th. Wednesday, Sept 7th, is for ALL students from 9am-3:15 pm. Thursday and Friday are regular days for all students from 9am-3:15 pm.
STUDENT ACTIVITY FEE
At the beginning of each year, a $25 student activity fee will be collected from all students. The fee will cover such costs as speakers, student government, and various cultural and social activities.
LOCKS AND LOCKERS
Locks and lockers are the property of the school. Students will be assigned a lock and a locker when they have paid their student activity fees. Lockers or locks may not be changed without permission from the main office. It is each student’s responsibility to keep lockers clean and tidy. Nothing permanent can be attached to a locker. Combinations should not be shared. Students will be billed $10 for damaged or missing locks at the end of the year. Report problems with locks or lockers to the main office.
All students will have a colour photograph taken for a student card, which is used to identify the student for such things as public transportation, theatre tickets, and other activities external to the school. The date for taking photographs will be in early September.
Students who wish to purchase a colour photo package may do so at the time of the photo session in September. For graduating students, there are sessions that the students book themselves online through the photographer later in the year – please note: IT IS FREE TO GET A CAP & GOWN PHOTO FOR THE YEARBOOK and students should book a time and get their photo taken regardless of whether they are ordering a package.
Students are responsible for the care and safety of all personal belongings. It is not wise to bring large sums of money or valuable items to school.
- Electronic equipment, expensive jewellery, and other valuables should be left at home
- Money, jewellery, clothing or other valuables should never be left unsecured in the P.E. changing rooms or in the gymnasiums. Locks may be brought from home or purchased from the PE Department for a cost of $6.00 and placed on PE lockers in the change room for the single period. Locks left in the change room for a period of time will be cut off
- Money or valuables brought to school can be left in the office for safe keeping
- Musical instruments and sports equipment are also the responsibility of the student
- Do not leave backpacks unattended anywhere in the school
If you are a victim of theft, report the incident to the office staff immediately.