1 award valued at $1000 or 2 awards valued at $500 each
The applicant must:
- The student must have completed three (3) full years of attendance at Bench Elementary, with preference given to intermediate years. The student must have successfully completed his/her secondary school education in School District #79 (Cowichan Valley).
- Any contribution made by the student while attending Bench Elementary School shall be considered and may be noted on a separate form along with his/her application.
- The recipient of the bursary shall be chosen from all eligible applicants on the basis of need/academic achievement, and contribution made while attending Bench Elementary.
- The bursary award shall be presented to the chosen recipient upon proof of enrollment in any full-time course of studies at a recognized post-secondary institution.
- The bursary award must be used within 12 months of the recipient being notified of the award. However, upon written request for extension of the 12 month period from the recipient, along with reasons for the request, the Trustees shall give such request every consideration.
Fill out Bench School Declaration (available in the Counselling Office) and Special application form.
Special application application is required.Â Special Application