1 award valued at $1000 (Hockey) & 1 award valued at $500 (Community Service)
Kerry Park Islanders “Jr B” ClubÂ is the proud sponsor of these memorial bursaries.
- The applicant must be proceeding to post-secondary education or training in the following graduation year.
- The bursary is to be paid to the individual upon proof of enrolment at a recognized school or institute to further his/her education or training.
- The applicant should state his/her reason for pursuing the choice of career and how it related to equipping him/her to be of service to the community.
Hockey Player or Referee or Volunteer ($1000)
- Player/Referee/Volunteer that epitomizes the following qualities: Sportsmanship, Leadership, Determination, Encourages all others.
- The applicant must be a participant or involved in minor hockey.
- The bursary will be awarded to a student who shows good sportsmanship & determination ; compassionate & friendly.
- At least 1 reference letter must be from a hockey coach, referee supervisor or manager, etc.
Community Service ($500)
- Will be awarded to an individual that is a valued member of the school, community or work place.
- Volunteers – has given back to the community.
- Preference will be given to those applying to a Trades program.
Special application form is not required.