This Scholarship is available to a student in School District 79 who plans to continue his/her education in the Performing Arts. Students who enroll in post secondary education in the areas of music, theatre or dance are eligible to apply. The criteria are as follows:
- Proof of RCM or Canadian Conservatory to Grade 8 level if the student is studying for voice or instrument.
- Theatre students will present a portfolio of their activities — certificates for workshops, acting and auditions done. They will require references from teachers and directors.
- Student must plan to attend university or equivalent, majoring in performing arts with the goal of becoming a performer or a teacher of the performing arts.
- Applicant should have participated in the Cowichan Valley Music Festival (Theatre Arts perform in the Speech Arts) and for Theatre, must have performed or been actively involved in local theatre on a regular basis.
- Payment of Scholarship funds to the successful student will be made upon confirmation of acceptance and registration in an acceptable institute for the performing arts.
Special application form is not required.